Wednesday, June 22, 2011

It's My Life

So I just realized that I am officially "that girl". The one who talks about baby stuff non stop. I just had a phone conversation with one of my best friends and afterwards it dawned on me that 80% of the conversation was baby related. We talked about my pregnancy, other people's labors, etc. Don't get me wrong, we also discussed thrilling things like new restaurants we like. When did I get so boring?! I mean obviously I have an excuse for having no life, but I HATE feeling like the conversation is mostly about me, or a bunch of stuff no one wants to hear about! Of course my friend would never say that because she loves me and is generally interested in my daily life. However, I am still annoyed with myself. Also I've begun to worry that I will become "that other girl". The one who, after she has a baby, expects everyone to adore said baby and want to hear all about it. You know the girl that will go to a party and just talk to people about her baby and show pictures and stuff. I DO NOT WANT TO BE THAT GIRL!  So I am counting on my friends and family to keep me in line. Also, they will need to take me out and give me Grey Goose so pre-baby Chrissy can come out to play. :)

3 comments:

  1. there is no way around it, sweetie. i SWORE i would not be the "LOOK AT MY BABY!" girl, but i totally am. at least i apologize in advance though. and i'm sure there are at least half of my facebook friends who have hidden me. but really?- have you SEEN my kid??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! You are NOT like that at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to be the "Look at my Grandson" kind of grandma! Just saying.....I am owning it! As, parenting goes, it's your duty to talk about said child with, love!

    ReplyDelete