Monday, February 13, 2012

My Prerogative

The next person that asks me when I'm going to have another baby is going to get punched in the face. Why do people assume that just because you have one child, you automatically want another? Is there a law against only having one child? My son is seven months old. SEVEN! He hasn't even been here for as long as I carried him. Is it so crazy that someone would want to just enjoy their new baby? Take time to adjust to life as a family? It just amazes me that even when I clearly tell people that, no, I am not going to be popping out another human any time soon, they STILL KEEP ASKING! My favorite is, "well, when Cole has a little sister...". First of all, dropping it in our conversation as if it's a done deal just makes you sound stupid. Fun fact, there is only a 50/50 chance that Cole will have a little sister. STOP JINXING ME! I am not saying that I don't want another baby, MAYBE, POSSIBLY, SOMEDAY. And by someday, I mean at least a year from now! Really, I haven't decided. There are many contributing factors to my decision. Such as my age, my two blood clotting disorders, injections, money, etc , etc. The point is, having a child is a BIG decision that should not be rushed into. It's also a personal decision. So, I will be taking my sweet time, enjoying my son and discussing the possibility of another baby, with my husband, who actually gets a vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment