Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Doctor, Doctor

Today I called my hematologist and left a message describing the pain I was having in my head. The nurse called back and told me to go to the ER and get a CAT scan. So I left work early and headed to the hospital. John met me there and luckily the ER was empty. So after my physical exam the doctor called my hematologist and they decided that I don't have a blood clot and didn't need a CAT scan.  She said I have some type of "trigger points" on my head which are nerve clusters that become inflamed and sensitive or some such nonsense. Apparently a clot or bleed would cause other more serious symptoms like slurred speech, blurry vision, etc. Translation, "We have no clue what's up with your head, but it's not a blood clot".  So about an hour and a half later I left the hospital with my instructions to, wait for it, take some Tylenol as needed. The paperwork I received says: Headache! Yep, I'm the douche bag who went to the ER and came out with the diagnosis of headache. Lovely. They did offer to give me a numbing shot in my scalp to relieve the pain. I declined and decided to just wait it out. And possibly take some Tylenol.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Chrissy, I had no idea! I thought it was a little weird not to see you at dismissal but thought maybe you had a conference or something. I'm glad everything's ok, even if you had to go to the ER just to find out it was a headache :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What does it feel like? Does it feel like a headache or really sharp stabbing pains?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharp stabbing. But on a scale of 1 -10, it's about a 4 or 5. More annoying than anything. Doesn't feel like a headache at all. It's definitely coming from my scalp.

    ReplyDelete