Monday, April 25, 2011

Down With The Sickness

People think I'm a hypochondriac. They might be right. However, I think it's more my natural pessimism which causes me to find the worst case scenario in any situation. Here's an example. Today I started to get a stabbing pain in one small spot on my head. It will hurt for about 15-30 seconds and then go away only to return a few minutes later. When I touch the spot it feels tender, like a bruise. I also think it may be puffy feeling, like a little swollen. Obviously I've concluded this is either a blood clot or a tumor symptom. Nothing else makes sense to me. John however, thinks I am crazy and says, "stop touching it" and "it's nothing, you'll be fine".  This is not very reassuring.  If it still hurts tomorrow, I am definitely calling the doctor.  Unfortunately, I would probably need a CAT scan to really see if anything is wrong. Which I don't think is possible being pregnant. Speaking of which, I'm pretty sure the pregnancy is making me even more paranoid that something is wrong because now it's not just me I'm worried about, it's him too! I'm pretty sure that will never change though.  I might be gray in about 2 years with all this worrying. I can't beleieve my blood pressure is so good!

1 comment:

  1. The fun is not here yet....worries are not over....
    Welcome to life with a child!

    ReplyDelete