Sunday, April 3, 2011

Our House

I have a small addiction to HGTV. It's pretty much my "go to" channel. I don't think I can fall asleep without it either. I mean, I haven't tried in a long time so I'm not positive, but I'd probably be up all night if I did. The best part is it doesn't even matter what show is on, because I love them all. How could you not?! John, on the other hand, loathes HGTV. It's his least favorite. He complains constantly when it's on. I have to wait until he falls asleep so I can change the channel. The funny thing about his hatred is that he is usually the one doing all the DIY projects! Of course, he doesn't think he needs any help or instruction. He just jumps right in. For the record there have been many occasions where I have given input on one of his projects and directly quoted HGTV. Sometimes I just stand over him and say, "That's not how they do it on HGTV."  He really hates that. Which is why it's funny. I feel like if he actually watched he could learn so many useful skills and be even handier around the house! Sometimes he likes to give his opinion on decorating or choosing colors. This is where I put my foot down. When he argues with me about my choices I say, "I'm pretty sure I'm much more qualified to be the designer, what with all the HGTV I watch." I tend to win this argument. Luckily he has a pretty short attention span when it comes to these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment