Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Age of Aquarius

So it's been decided that I am officially a "hippy". (John and Emmie are convinced the baby will be coming out with long hair and Birkenstocks, wearing an organic cotton onesie.)  I didn't exactly set out to be this way, it just kind of happened. I have reusable bags, I recycle, I started my own garden, which was all acceptable. Then a little while after John and I had begun trying to have a baby I switched to all natural cleaning products. Of course that led to switching all of my toiletries and makeup.  During my first pregnancy I started trying to eat as much fresh, all natural or organic food as our meager income will allow.  John now thinks I'm nuts. However, he is usually a good sport. Today we went to the farmers market at Wiregrass Mall not too far from our house. They have hydroponic, pesticide free produce. I was really excited about it because they only do it once a month. It's actually pretty big and there was a great selection. Even John was impressed! (Trust me, that doesn't happen often.) Bottom line, living this way makes me feel better about myself and my health. I mean if the rest of you want to fill your bodies with disgusting harmful chemicals it's totally cool, and I won't judge you for it. Especially not those of you throwing away all of your trash and filling our landfills with non-biodegradable crap. I mean it's fine if your kids don't have a nice planet to live on right? Nope, not judging, not judging at all. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Organic food is the gateway drug of all modern day hippies, but you're not a true hippie until you dreadlock your hair and move your family to a commune. At least, I think that's why everyone calls me a hippie ;) LMK when you are ready to talk cloth diapers for your wee one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Maybe I'm a hippy in training? I already picked some diapers out! I am hoping to try a few brands and see which are my favorite. :) Very excited about it. Don't understand why everyone doesn't do it. I will definitely let you know if I have questions :)

    ReplyDelete