Sunday, February 20, 2011

Get Outta Your Mind

"What if there's a tornado and we don't get to him fast enough because we sleep through it? Like the roof gets ripped off. Shouldn't he be against a center wall?" This is the question I asked my husband today when discussing whether or not we had chosen the right room for Cole's nursery. I'm freaking out about him being in the room farthest from us. John calmly pointed out that he will be against a block wall, and that we have a ridiculously awesome video monitor that my parents got us. Also, his room is right next to the other room, and it will take the same amount of time to get there from our room. I'm not sure this line of thinking bodes well for my future as a parent. I'm already a pessimist and 'worst case scenario' professional. I can only imagine what new neurosis this little boy will bring.
PS- Here's a picture 21 weeks and counting!

2 comments: